A new study has identified ten key lifestyle tips that reduce your risk of cancer by a full 70 percent.
EnglandResearchers from Newcastle University in World analyzed the validity of a previous study of 10 similar tips identified by the Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) and the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR).
Data from 94,778 adults with an average age of 56 were used for the research. Age, gender, socioeconomic deprivation, ethnicity and smoking status were controlled for in the analyses. Cancer registry data was also used to track cancer diagnoses during the eight-year study period.
Approximately 7,296 participants (eight percent) developed cancer during the study. Researchers found that greater adherence to recommendations led to a lower cancer risk, while patients reduced their cancer risk by seven percent for each recommendation they followed.
According to the findings published in the BMC Medicine journal, 10 lifestyle recommendations that reduce the risk of cancer are listed as follows…
HERE ARE 10 SUGGESTIONS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF CANCER
1. Keeping your body mass index between 18.5-24.9.
2. Exercising for two and a half hours a week.
3. Following a balanced diet that includes at least 30 grams of fiber and at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
4. Limiting fast food.
5. Not eating more than three portions of red meat per week.
6. Avoiding drinks containing added sugar.
7. Not consuming alcohol.
8. Staying away from supplements.
9. Breastfeed for six months if possible
10. Continuing to follow doctor’s recommendations after a cancer diagnosis.