An alarming study about stoves, which are indispensable elements of kitchens, was conducted in Europe.
European scientists have revealed that stoves can cause serious health problems.
“Switching to an electric stove can eliminate toxic particles produced when cooking using the correct hood systems,” explained Piet Jacobs, from the Organization for Applied Scientific Research in the Netherlands.
Experts announced that stoves produce toxic particles that can cause asthma in children. Dutch scientists announced that they examined 247 houses and announced that the nitrogen dioxide levels in houses using traditional stoves were twice as high as in houses using electric stoves.
While it was pointed out that high levels of nitrogen dioxide could damage the lungs, Juana Maria Delgado-Saborit, a scientist at Jaume I University in Spain who participated in the research externally, said, “This research is of critical importance for us to raise awareness and take action to protect children.”