It was revealed that 22 children were poisoned after drinking fruit juice labeled “natural”.
USAIt was announced that at least 22 children were poisoned after consuming fruit juices and purees stated to be made with natural products.
It was stated that the substance found in beverage packages in 14 different states caused poisoning. U.S. officials are warning doctors to be on the lookout for possible cases of lead poisoning in children after at least 22 young children in 14 states became ill due to lead in cinnamon applesauce and applesauce bags.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced that children ages 1 to 3 were affected, and at least one child had a blood lead level eight times higher than the level of concern.
VOMITING AND HEADACHE SYMPTOMS APPEARED
According to official data, while 3.5 micrograms of lead in blood is considered a critical limit, it has also been recorded that the lead rate in children varies between 4 and 29 micrograms. It was also stated that symptoms included headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
US officials Internet While he decided to collect the products sold in stores, he also called on parents to “do not buy these products”.